One of the best ways to promote a charitable cause is with a fundraiser and poker tournaments are one of the most proven, effective fundraising activities. With over 30 years of expertise, Vegas Concepts is the leader in charity fundraising events. Follow this guide to ensure success with your charity fundraising event!
- Your charity must be a 501 c-3. (Non-Profit).
- Tournament director and VCI will customize the Tournament.
- Each player will be giving a donation to the charity cause for the seat
in the Poker Tournament. 3-hour timed tournament on two hours of elimination and final
table in the last hour.
- We suggest $50, $100, $200 per seat for your Tournament.
- Sell the poker tables to individuals or corporations.
- Print 4×6 – VCI provides table tent signs for recognition of sponsors.
A Successful Approach for Non-profit Events
- Paypal for registration of event
Day of Tournament.
- As your guests register, Vegas Concept’s will randomly place
your guests at the tables.
- We suggest starting each player with 3-k or 2,500 in chips for a
- After play has begun, the computer moves the blinds up every 7
to 15 minutes for the first hour.
- The blinds will start at 100/200 and increase every 7 to 15
minutes 200/400, etc.
- As this happens, players will be eliminated from the tournament.
- Tables will be consolidated as we see 3 or less players at any
- Re-buy amounts should always be one half of the seats price
- Rebuys are for either 1,500 or 1,250 in chips. One add-on buy.
Rebuys will be for the first hour only.
- What we have experienced at Fundraisers is that “UNLIMITED
re-buys” give the Tournament a new flare. Basically, a player
could pay to win the Tournament. We have raised more money
for our charities by allowing unlimited re-buys for local charity
- The first two hours VCI will do an eliminations style tournament.
- As players are eliminated and drop out of the tournament, they
will leave their table. The Pit boss will move the remaining
players to consolidate the tables.
- The top 12 players will be at the final table in the last hour. We
will give the players a voucher for the total value of their chips at
the end of the two hours. Each player will come to the final table
with the amount of chips they had at the end of the first two
hours of play. They have to present the voucher to the Pit Boss
on the final table to get their chips. Then as play at the final table progresses, your guests will start
cheering for their favorite players. The final table really gets the
gallery into hooting and hollering for their favorite player.
Vegas Concepts Provides
- Chip value vouchers (Hold’em/Poker only).
- 4×6 acrylic table tent signs (for recognition of table sponsors).
- Require 2- committee members to assist are Tournament director
in collecting cash or credit cards transactions for re-buys sales.
- The charity needs to supply the event with I-Pad and credit card
app download and tested wifi, with charges.
Vegas Concepts can also provide professional/Custom poker supplies
- Custom poker chips with your logo
- Playing cards with the charity logo
- Custom poker sets
- Custom Poker table felts
Start planning your Charity Fundraiser Poker Tournament today by giving us a call at 972-438-1800, or request a quote online!